Fellows' College Council
Fellows' Council is a fellow-led committee that meets to form new initiatives, social opportunities and projects that support all fellows. Council members act as a liaison to the fellowship leadership and have the opportunity to work on projects aimed at improving the fellowship experience and well-being for their community.
Fellows' College Council Co-Chairs
Ivana Jankovic, MD
Mohana Roy, MD
Fellows' College Council Members
Vladimir Glinskii, MD
Arjun Rustagi, MD, PhD
Fellows' College Resources
Fellows' College Welcome!
Mixer with the 2019 incoming fellows with lots of fun, games, and prizes.
Fellows Finance with Charles Liao, MD
Fellows had a chance to hear from Dr. Charles Liao and his experience with Finances as a fellow.
Fellows' College Career Night Key Takeaways:
- The job search will be tougher this year due to Covid- never too early to start looking-right now, around September/October is ideal
- Be open minded. Your first job may not be exactly what you expect but it could still be great.
- Talk to your mentors about your career goals. During COVID- ask for email or phone introductions.
- It’s OK to cold-call (or email) places you’re interested in.
- Be open to an instructor year if need to build on research portfolio and being able to get protected time
- Dont forget that you are marketable- so if a position is not working out, its usually not directly you. Be flexible but still try to have your must haves- ask re: career trajectory and even if more flexibility possible in latter years, can ask for it in writing
- The BioSci Career Center is an under-utilized resource for Fellows, but can help with career counseling, prepping your CV, practice interviews, negotiating, etc. Email Debra Rosenfeld (email@example.com) to set up a counseling appointment.