2018 MD Program Teaching Awards
The 2018 Teaching Awards, presented by the Teaching Awards Student Selection Committee, include the following:
· Outstanding Lecture/Presentation to Andrew Nevins
· Teaching Assistant Award to David Mahoney
· Outstanding Community Clinic Preceptor (Pre-Clinical Instruction) to Mina Charon
· Outstanding Community Clinic Preceptor (Clinical Instruction) to Sanjay Kurani
· The Alwin C Rambar-James BD Mark Award for Excellence in Patient Care to David H. Liang
· Franklin G. Ebaugh, Jr. Award for Excellence in Advising Medical Students to Preetha Basaviah
· The Lawrence H. Mathers Award for Exceptional Commitment to Teaching and Active Involvement in Medical Student Education to Neil Gesundheit
· Award for Excellence in Promotion of the Learning Environment and Student Wellness to Darren Salmi
· Medical Education Staff Service Award to Margaret Govea
· Cardinal Free Clinics Outstanding Volunteer Physician to Jennifer Wang
· United States Public Health Service Award to Jessica Steinberg
· The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Award for Humanism and Excellence in Teaching (Residents) to Ioana Baiu. Nina Bozinov, Lief Fenno, Nikhil Kamat, Ernest Maningding and Laura Mazer
Members of the Teaching Awards Student Selection Committee are Sophia Bechek, Katie Dickerson, McKenzie Eakin, Nick Hug, Timothy Keyes, George Liu, Paloma Marin Nevarez and Duy Tran.
Following the presentation of the 2018 Teaching Awards, Neil Gesundheit and Lars Osterberg inducted the following new members into the Gold Humanism Honor Society: Carlie Arbaugh, Tej Azad, Kuo-Kai Chin, Kiley Lawrence, Nicholas Love, Sarah Miller, Maia Mosse, Keon Pearson, Adela Perez, Matthew Schoen, Jessica Steinberg and Maggie Zhou.
Congratulations to all awardees and honorees!